What you need to know about licenses:

To hunt for Montana trophy bull elk, you of course have to apply for a license. Montana sells elk and deer tags together in a combination tag.  Or separately for elk or deer only. You are responsible for obtaining your hunting licenses and tags. In Montana you apply to Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks or apply by mail to MT FWP, for this you must obtain a paper application.  Although it is best to apply before March 15th, there has not been a drawing on these tags for the past three years.

Montana Bear licenses are also available online. Montana sells the black bear license under the miscellaneous application.

If you need assistance with either of these, please contact us and we can help you through the process.